Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Carrot and Cilantro soup...my version... :-)

Yesterday I made this delicious soup I got from Rustique Art on Twitter, http://www.rustiqueartblog.com/ (Check out her blog, she have some really cute items on Etsy too!) I decided to try the recipie yesterday and made some changes from the original recipe...it was a major success! My hubby (and myself) loved it! I served it with some Quesadillas. Here is my version of the delicious soup!
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon roasted ground cummin (or 1 tbls crushed coriander seeds)
  • 1 pound carrots, sliced
  • 3 cup vegetable stock
  • 1 bunch (about 1 cup) fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
  • 2-3 tablespoons sour creme 
  • Black pepper
  • Sea salt
Directions
  1. In a large, heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and cumin. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until onion is softened but not browned, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add carrots. Cook, covered, until softened, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  2. In a separate pot, bring stock to a boil. Add onion-carrot mixture and bring back up to a boil. Transfer to a blender or food processor, add half of the chopped cilantro and blend (in batches, if needed) until smooth. Season with black pepper and sea salt.
  3. To serve, return soup to pot, stir in the rest of the chopped cilantro and the sour creme, and reheat on low. Ladle soup into warmed bowls and garnish with cilantro.
  4. Serve with Garlic Bread or Quesadillas.

Here is the link to the original recipe
http://www.countryliving.com/recipefinder/carrot-cilantro-soup-recipe-clv0511
 
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Cindi @ Rustique Art said...

Oh my goodness! You are amazing...I'm so glad you liked it and now that you have tested it for me, I will have to give it a try. You realize I'm putting my taste buds in your hands? :)

Mahalo for the shout out on your blog, that was very sweet of you.

A hui hou
Cindi

JuSa Idéer said...

Mmmmm...sounds good!